Fruits

49 children take ill after eating fruit

At least 49 children studying in a Government primary and middle school took ill after allegedly consuming a poisonous fruit in Madhya Pradesh’s Seoni district, an official said on Saturday.

The children had eaten ‘ratanjot’ (alkanet) fruit from a tree near their school in Barghat area of the district on Friday, the official said.

The students complained of vomitting, colic and uneasiness after returning home, and were admitted to a health facility in Barghat, duty officer Dr. Yogesh Agrawal told PTI. While 47 children have been discharged, two were referred to Seoni district hospital, he said.

Similarly, 13 students of another Government primary school in Barhat had taken ill on Thursday after consuming ratanjot fruit. All of them were later discharged from hospital, officials said.


Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button